Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day light robbery

I decided to have a little cement step built outside my front door. This is the only solution I could come to for the big gaping hole under my front door. I will not traumatise you with the details of why I had a sudden emergency need to block up that whole. Those of you living in Nigeria will know exactly why. Those of you not, lets just say it had four legs, fur and went squeak the bastard.

Anyway my houseboy just came to me and told me it going to cost 2k!!! Bloody cheek!I know the guy was doing some work downstairs in the building and he borrowed (stole) the materials from there. I told my house boy to go tell him to behave. Houseboy comes back with, well he said he will do it for 1.5k but that's only because we speak the same language!!!! What does that mean for crying out loud. My mama who lives on the mainland is appalled at how expensive everything is on the Island. As soon as blue collared (too funny to call them that here as most wear dirty white wife beaters if anything at all) workers come to the island they triple their prices on account of all the money trees Islanders have in their back yards!!!!!

No comments: