Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Clash of the Titans and the crackberry

Just watched it and loved it.

Nothing original but I took my mum and she practically jumped out of her chairs in excitement. Plus I want to marry Perseus.

But seriously, the boy has sworn off going to the cinema in Lasgiddy coz people are so badly behaved in the cinema. They talk to each other, they narrate the movie (which I occasionally find tres funny actually, especially in an action comedy movie) and they talk on their mobile phone!!!!

Hello"" (Pause)
"Hello can you hear me" (Pause)
"I'm in the cinema I'm watching that movie with Brad Pitt in it." (pause)
"O wa very good oh. The special effects are gen gen. So whats up?"
"No I can't make it blah blah blah."
A full scale conversation will ensue or better still the whole film is narrated over the phone.

The last time I forced the boy to come with me to watch a movie we were unfortunate to be in there with a teenage birthday party. Birthday girl was getting nuff calls and answering them with squeals of delight and telling everyone where she was etc etc. The boy (and he's a big one) got up out of his chair and evicted her, it was hilarious really.

Now the mobile phone has been taken over by the crackberry. I personally do not know why I would spend my hard earned money to go watch a movie and spend the whole time bb messaging someone else. If you had somewhere better to be then be there.
Missy behind us kept beep beep beeping and texting till I had to turn around and give her a gimlet stare. She was so engrossed in what she was doing that it was totally wasted on her (my gimlet stares are legendary and rarely need a follow up) so my friend had to let rip with "excuse me, we are trying to watch a movie over here or didn't you notice!!".

Slowly though society is fighting back against the crackberry bad manners. I heard some gist today I want to share with you both starring the crackberry.
1. Little girl driving big car run over buy GMC truck, killed, found holding her crackberry...true story.
2. Night out drinking, missy in the corner busy on crackberry ignoring everybody else at the table. Suddenly everybody on her table gets up and moves to the next table. Missy gets up to going them totally confused as to why everyone moved over. On arriving at new table the alpha dog said "Sorry, you can't sit here"
"What do you mean?"
"You clearly have something more important to be discussing so please go back to it."
"No it's not that"
"Don't care. You are too rude and you will not ruin our evening so go back to the other table and face your bb squarely!!"

Love it

No comments: