Friday, February 3, 2012

Smoker diaries

Its day nine now and I have been giving daily moans and groans on twitter and on my bb but here is the full summary.

I am totally miserable right now. I have had to give up cold turkey because, being the delicate flower that I am, I can't handle replacement therapy. Makes me feel nauseous and dizzy and rundown...(Seriously though I am one of those who has to take a nap on "non drowsy" antihistamines!!).

So how did I get that extra incentive you might ask? Well its an interesting story that starts at my dentist!! Stay with me it will make sense in a bit. He is looking in my mouth and making horrid tutting noises that make me tres ashamed. Going on like I don't know have to wield a toothbrush. He does some deep gum cleaning routine (which I googled after to ensure it was legit and not some made in Nigeria technique. It seemed so brutal. 6 injections to keep my gums numb etc!!). Then he puts me on some 6 months oral hygiene routine (which I must admit I have already fallen down on). Had to pop all kinds of painkillers and even got a check up call from mr dentist in the morning.

For some reason imagining my gums in the state of mince meat just made me think that smoking was just asking for mouth cancer soo I quit.

Now I have lost my voice because my body seems to be rejecting all things healthy.

This morning I was moaning to the boy about how I sound like a goose etc etc
He says "well its not like you are doing any thing for your throat"
"Yes I am"
"What"
"Erm I gave up smoking!! Dunno know what else I am supposed to do"

Sheeesh

So that's all folks!! I don't feel the benefits yet. I am still hacking up almost two decades of pollution.

Will keep you posted.
Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone, from Etisalat. Enjoy high speed internet service with Etisalat easy net, available at all our experience centres

No comments: