Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day light Robbery

I met a very interesting gentleman about 3 nights ago. He was regaling me about his theory on how the increase in petrol price had already led to an increase in robberies and bad manners.

He told of kidnapping in the fashion of Hollywood movies as our criminals got more inventive and daring. Any which way you look at it, it was all very alarming.

What I had not really contended with, yesterday morning on my way to collect my little madam from camp still in my pyjamas, was that naturally our other notorious criminal gang, the police, would have stepped up their game too.

They pray on confused looking people like myself. They are very aware that most women do not really take charge of their car registration. We either get our husbands (who usually have some guy they send to get it all done as we do) or their daddy's (ditto) or their drivers to do it. So when they ask for the particulars of the car the first thing you do is have a mini heart attack because you are not 100 % sure where it is. You poke around in the glove compartment and send up hot prayers. Relieved you pull out a pile of papers and hand them over. Dig around in your hand bag for your phone and drivers license at the same time. So at this point I literally want to enter the ground when he flings one of the papers at me and shouts "your insurance has expired"
Arrrrrrggghh I am thinking. How annoying.

Now he is in his element ranting on about impounding my darling car etc etc
I am calmly explaining how I am not going anywhere with him as my baby is in camp waiting to be picked up and he is welcome to come for the ride.

Anyway its money he wants and I whip it out as I am totally feeling he has me on the back foot. As I drive away I ask my nanny (who has been sitting there shell shocked this whole time) to look through the papers cos the rds are positively teaming with the police I notice. The next thing she notices and which that shady guy was holding in his hands, was the copy of my legit insurance.

Now I am fuming, cunning like a fox or shall I say criminal the "policeman" played me.

So sad living in a country when you don't even know who the criminals are..
They masquerade as our public officials and trusted figures. Horrid horrid horrid
Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone, from Etisalat. Enjoy high speed internet service with Etisalat easy net, available at all our experience centres

1 comment:

abebski said...

funny you know, this is not day light robbing, i think you should call it, how silly wives with i dont care about only me ,get played at my smart no go school policeman,lol lesson learnt.