Tuesday, September 28, 2010

About an accent

Who says you can’t learn anything from television?

I was in front of the television watching a delightful b grade movie called “crimes of fashion”. You know one of those days nothing is on and you stumble upon a movie that’s just starting. Anyhoo, there was the pre-requisite trio of fab, witty intelligent and loyal BFF posse.

One of the girls, a feisty red head if memory serves said something and she used the word ‘about’ but pronounced it ‘aboot’ and I jumped up and shouted “eureka she is Canadian”. Why the excitement I hear you asking. Well it has always been something I am a little ashamed of , the fact that I can’t tell an American accent from a Canadian accent. It used to drive me a little mad. I love the fact that I can differentiate most of Europe....don't knock it. I still get asked if I have an Australian accent by Americans.

Anyway I would like to thank my teachers at "how I met your mother" for endlessly messing with their Canadian friend and tuning my ear in to this.

Now to conquer the Aussie and Kiwi accent and my quest to be a CIA agent is well on its way!!!!

1 comment:

Yimiton said...

Lol, this is just a witty piece.
I love it.